Analytic ConsultantWebbMason AnalyticsBaltimore, Maryland or Remote.Apply
WebbMason Analytics is a fast-growing data and analytics consultancy offering our clients strategic and tactical support. We specialize in migrating Fortune 2000 organizations from traditional business intelligence to advanced analytics. Our tight-knit multidisciplinary team of problem solvers is focused on measurable ROI from analytics, data science, cloud computing, and big data. We are currently seeking a driven, confident and collaborative individual to join the Strategy & Analytics consulting group. This individual would be responsible for accelerating our clients’ analytics evolution through strategic and tactical consulting that address people, process, technology and value delivery.
Strategy and Consulting:
As a member of the team that delivers analytics strategies, you will be responsible for key parts of our service delivery, including some or all of the following tasks:
- Being on the frontlines in acquiring primary insights by directly engaging with clients in structured conversations to understand what their needs and opinions are.
- Formulate 12-24 month strategic roadmaps by leveraging WMA’s Tactical Framework for Analytics Delivery and Management.
- Lead multiple client and innovation analytics projects of different varieties including strategy, advanced modeling, and big data architectures, providing full oversight of engagement structure, team partnership, and deliverables for teams comprising data science, big data, and visualization experts.
- Utilize a hypothesis-driven problem-solving approach to design, construct, and rapidly test/iterate exploratory analyses that will reveal insight and opportunities for the client
- Assess, capture, and translate complex business issues and requirements into a structured analytics use case, including rapid learning of industry/domain/client dynamics.
- Work on strategic consulting projects with significant and consistent client interaction, including report presentation, general relationship building, and ongoing guidance and mentoring.
- Proactively broaden and deepen client and internal relationships by working with senior-level clients and senior-level WMA executives.
Analytics and Architecture:
While you will have support from team members who are specifically expert in data science, data engineering/architecture, and project management, you will be personally responsible for the end-to-end analytics delivery engagement including:
- Conduct industry research to formalize the right analytical questions, establish benchmarks and baselines, and determine possible solutions that will be addressed with WMA services.
- Develop innovative solutions that cross data, technology, analytics, and data science to meet client needs.
- Being intellectually curious and pilot initial technologies to determine the analytic value and possible alignment with client pain points.
- Execute SQL queries and use basic AWS components (S3, Redshift) to perform analytic due diligence and explore the ‘art of the possible’.
- Exceed client expectations on a daily basis.
At WMA, everyone plays a role in growing the business. You will help by:
- Create engaging, thoughtful and clear presentations for our executive level clients and then help deliver them, while differentiating WMA on the quality of our insights and the experience of working with us.
- Maintaining strong relationships with your client; ensuring that our clients derive compelling insights throughout the process and project.
- Ensure that every deliverable “wows” our clients; including pitching in on projects that you aren’t assigned to on a day-to-day basis.
- Help elevate the insights, skills and careers of the team members around you.
- Minimum of 7 years of data analytics and project leadership experience with a professional services firm, an internal strategy/analytics group, or similar client-serving role.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical or quantitative field from an accredited college or university; Masters degree is a plus
- Working knowledge of topics such as statistics, econometrics, machine learning, operations research, decision science, big data and cloud computing.
- Demonstrated analytics solution design and build expertise, project and team management skills, strong business consulting acumen in applying advanced analytics to solve business issues.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to explain technical concepts and analytics-driven findings to business people including C-level executives, and to explain business processes, concepts, challenges, and issues to technical resources.
- 401K matching
- Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Flexible work schedule